Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got a 96 xcr 600 with about 300 miles on rebuild. Took it out this past weekend and when I would let off the throttle it would hold at about 4000 rpm for a few seconds then idle back down to about 2000 rpm. Its never done this before, any ideas what could be causing this, I thought maybe it could be carb freezing up, rode in a lot of fresh powder, but I let it sit in the garage over night and all next day, and it still did when I pulled it out to put the wifes car in. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
20 Posts
Try synrinizing the carbs, Put the needles on each carb at the same place, one carb could be opening up and closing at different times
very true....thats the same thing i did to my sled when it did exactly what this guy is talking about.....it worked.....but i got different carbs later on anyways :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He thought the crank seal went out, needles are all in the same spot, it never did this for the first 250 mile or so just started the last 40-50 miles, I'll pull the carbs this weekend and go through em....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts