Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 wildcat, just bought it, I dont know a thing about it, it came with no manual, it's an EFI. I've had alot of trouble with it, lately I'm having trouble at high end getting the speed out of it,when I first got it I was over 100 mph , now I'm 65 wide open! can anyone tell me about these EFI's , are they any good? are there common problems I should be aware of? thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I owned a 93 wildcat efi for four years,one problem was a coolant sensor,malfuntioned and caused hard starting +poor performance. replaced it and it back in busines.also be sure to have new clutch springs in there, and fibre bushings

·
Registered
10 Posts
The sure-fire way for optimum clutch performance is to replace them every season - or buy titaniam springs, their not cheap but they last forever.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not a 96 , its a 93

I'm sorry ,I said my sled was a 96, its a 93 wildcat EFI 700. I dont know what i was thinking. anyhow, I found the problem, my clutch was way bad!!! infact I lost a cam on the last ride., I was able to pick up a used clutch in decent shape for $50, put a new belt on, runs great! back up to 100+

1 - 5 of 5 Posts