Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just replaced the jug and piston. cant get the coolant bleed. Do i need to lift the tail end and fill from the runners to completely bleed entire cooling system? any help would be greatly appreciated. thax

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ussualy I just lift the front end up on ramps or ditch or somthing so that the rear heat exchanger is lower then the coolant tank, fill the tank let idle with rad cap off and bleed screw loose,fill as levels decrease, Do this untl no more coolant is needed.
Not sure if your Vmaxx has rear heat exchanger like polaris??
Good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
You have an airlock, Lift the skis off the ground about a foot, open the top to the radiator and you should be able to hear it start flowing and if not run the engine and tap the throttle a little. If it doesnt work let me know i can help you further wise

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
by opening the top to the radiator im assuming u mean take off the pressured coolant cap? assuming that is the line goin to the radiator?

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
to make things really easy, yamaha provided a coolant bleed bolt on that sled. its conveniently located on top of the t-stat housing. rear up, front up, doesnt matter. pull the bolt, try to catch the coolant, and let the bubbles come out.

careful when running the sled prior to a good air bleed. the impellor on the water pump are plastic and will melt/strip almost instantly from excess heat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts