Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 V-max 600 with 3300 miles and have had ZERO problems with until this year, the track has started sounding like it is slipping, but only in deep snow under hard accelleration, like when the track wants to spin in snow. It does not happen on hard pack or ice. I have tried to tighten the track and it seemed to help a little, but don't want to over tighten it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,841 Posts
place 2-one gallon jugs filled with water between the rails, in the center of the track. The distance the track moves down from the rail (deflection), should be about 1 1/2 inches.

·
Registered
12 Posts
could it be the chain that drives the track slipping im not sure on your modle how it works but i experianced that same problem with my friends sled and we just took it apart the other day the sprockets and chain that drives the track were worn... might be your problem dunno for sure tho worth looking into it was easy on ours... we drove our till it broke and it actually took a while just kept getting worce and worce till the chain came drailed

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is pretty much about where I'm at, I did tighten it down a little further since it seemed to get netter, but is still jumping. I have seen on other posts about track alignment, how do you check/sdjust that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts