Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a couple questions on this sled i just got in a trade.
wondering what would be best for it in everyones opinion.
should i go ahead and get this motor running because i heard alot of problems go on with these engines but when they run they are good. but they have issues.
i gotta get stotor, stotor plate, fly wheel, puller wheel, clutch face plate, clutch spring, exhaust, cdi box. but i was wondering if i should just get a twin motor thatll fit in it or go ahead in fix my tripple or what should i do? need help

or i got a yamaha sxr 600 triple motor for free runs mint just gotta get a body for it....could i throw the yamaha motor in my polaris? is it possible? give me your opinion............I GOT SNOWMOBILE FEEVER :mad::mad:

·
MarcusSport440
55 Posts
just buy a good twin motor. piston poppin triples is all you'll have. a good twin motor from an indy chassis will work just fine. be alot cheaper and easier to maintain.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
just buy a good twin motor. piston poppin triples is all you'll have. a good twin motor from an indy chassis will work just fine. be alot cheaper and easier to maintain.
bull.... some of the xlt monoblock engines had a problem with crank bearings, SOME. if your sled is a 96, is it the monoblock (wedge chassis) or the case reed in the aggressive chassis? either would be worth fixing if you can get the parts for the right price. neither is a "piston poppin triple" like this moron states.... the sxr engine is a great motor, amazingly reliable, but won't be a simple bolt in and go. finding a twin is a good option as well, but the only twins in the wedge chassis that are same size or larger are the 600 & 700, both good set-ups but you will need everything to go with them. i would suggest finding out exactly what you need and go from there.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
if u can find someone with an entire triple engine being parted out that would be ur best bet. you could probually do this cheaper than buying a twin. on the other hand you could get the twin and part out the triple... but i like triples there fast ;) my 600 triple has no problem going over 100mph

1 - 5 of 5 Posts