Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so the last couple days my sled has been acting up kinda weird. Last night when i was under the hood i noticed the rubber "grommets" that g between the air box and the carbs had a notch in the for the carbs and they werent in the right place so i took the top of my air box off and rotated the rubber boots so the notch was where it needed to be. Anyway, since i did that the sled seems to be running odd as in when i first start it it acts like its not getting fuel, and it sounds like its maybe only running on one carb at first or something, anyway, itll come out of it and it will idle about 1500 RPM ten itll slowly start idling down, until the tach tonight read like...300 RPM, when i gave it throttle it died and i could smell raw fuel.

Anyone have any thought as to whats going on here? It ran fine before i cleaned the carbs and it seemed to run fine after i put them back on the sled (didnt touch any screws, just popped off bowls and they were clean so i put them back together), last week i got a full tank of 91 oct. fuel but it was from a reputable fuel station.

Anyway, this just kinda concerns me as i dont want any problems with this sled.

·
Registered
315 Posts
when you turned the boots to align the marks to the carbs you could have posibly
rotated the carbs so the bowls are not level ???
you could have possibly gotten a piece of debris in the small port in the inlet off the carb

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the carbs stayed stationary when i rotated the boots, im wondering now if i remembered to turn the fuel on today when i ran it.....i cant remember turning it on so maybe i just ran the fuel out of the carbs haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts