Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a 96 indy 600 triple. sled ran last year with no problems how ever was left with no gas in the tank. when i went to start it the other day it wouldn't fire until i sprayed some started fluid in it. would fire up but wouldn't stay running. i figured it was because of old gas in the lines? however now it will fire up without the starter fluid but when i give it gas she will boggle down and die if i don't release the throttle. any thoughts would help. thanks

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
clean the carbs. pull them off and disassemble and clean with carb cleaner. run a small piece of wire through the jets as well if you need to.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
yup clean the carbs and look at all the lines. there is a how to forum on cleaning the carbs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i went to clean the cards and i don't want to mess anything up so before i continue i wanted to ask...i'm trying to remove the air-box from the carbs but its doesn't seem to want to separate. i unscrewed the 3 visible screws but cant get it to pull away from the cards and i don't want to pull to hard a ruin something. is it normal for the box to be hard to remove or should i try something else....also i shut the gas off so am i ready to disconnect all lines or should i leave some lines hooked up...thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts