Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 96 formula will only turn off when it wants to i have checked all the grounds and connections of every wire i have even bypassed tether key and kill with no change somtimes it will turn off and others it will just run with them all turned off or un plugged or whatever im wondering can a cdi be causing this phenominon:dunno:

·
Certified Mechanic
56 Posts
It has to be a ground. There may be a faulty switch, ignition switch, or tether switch. You can do it the ghetto way and make an old school metal tab that bolts to the top of the cylinder head to push onto the spark plug cap; this should turn it off fo sho.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your input im positive through process of elimination that all the switches are good and all conections and wires have no issues i have them all stripped so i could see any thing i gotta wierd feeling its a internal short in the cdi but not sure ive seen them fail the other way meaning spark somtimes and not others but mine just wont turn off untill its ready

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
The kill switches ground the STATOR to shut it off, not the CDI. That could be the problem. If you can't shut it off by pressing the kill switch, I'd say stator.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks 4 the im put ive heard that before that would make the machine run poorly right cause even with new plugs i seem to only get maybe down the street before it fouls plugs under load im thinkin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts