Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am deciding between the two sleds. basically i want to know what one will handle better, what one will accelerate better, and what one will top out more? the mxz is stock and the formula has a racing pipe on it, triple piped. just let me know guys.

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
well i got a 96 f3 and sure its fast and corners like a dream, but the ride is a bit rough. on a bad day it can hit 110, good day 115 easly. Also with the lower suspension i can take corners much better and faster than my friends can with their mxz's. make sure you get everything checked out on it, especially the compressions and the stator. 600s are notorious for the stators going out, in fact mine went out last year and im brining it in on monday to get it fixed. the f3 is a great sled and very very VERY fast.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The ride can be rough but what sled is comfortable at 100+. The Z's have a bit more in suspension but wont corner as well or get "tippy" as my buddy says when you hit a turn fast. Get the 96, you wont think about comfort when you go as fast as that sled will take you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
definitly go with the Formula Z 670. they are such a great sled and the ride is beautiful. you'll have lots of arm renching power at your disposal and the FIII is way to outdated. if you want a fIII get a 98 or newer so you will at least have the CK-3 chassis and SC-10 suspension. i'd go with the Z regardless...one bad ass machine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ummm where did the formula z come into factor here? I would take the mxz, i would say they have the best turning, superior to the f3, they are also very fast, but they give a very smooth ride.

·
Registered
46 Posts
decisions decisions

the F3's are known for engine problrems being triples, but are fast and sound sweet as hell especially with aftermarket pipes, imo, these were built for more of a straighter line performance(lake and river riding)(and also speed runs), but all in all i think its a pretty decent sled, i dont know if id want to go on a 200 mile trip with it in 1 day

the MXZ is a TORQUE monster, would prolly beat the F3 off the line, but then the triple would more than likely pass it on the long stretch. Suspension is easier on the body if bouncing down a trail, and will handle better on the rougher parts of the trail. i think the mxz would out perform a F3 on the twisty part of the trail just because of the general platform of the sled, the MXZ was built specifically for handling rough trails, which is why they were categorized as "cross-counrty" sleds. Your back will thank you for this option on that same 200 mile trip. but this is just my opinion, I make no reference to know what the hell im talking about, i could be way off on my opinion.
Decide what you want out of your sled, if your riding consists of more open areas, go with the F3, if you do alot of trail riding, and like to get technical in the twisty's, id choose the MXZ. a buddy of mine has a 98 MXZ670, i know his topped out at between 95 & 100 MPH, and hes 6'2 and all of about 160lbs

·
Registered
275 Posts
I agree on the 600 not being a good trail sled. I waste my buddies 670 on the straights but in the turns,NOT. One good tap of the throttle and its skis up for me and the sled is out in left field...Literally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts