Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 96 FII600 is guzzling gas bigtme, and fouling plugs.When im WOT it seems like its almost flooding out(or starting to foul,even kind of a miss) but if i let off the throttle and hit it again it seems to pick back up and go as it should.Ive cleaned and synced the carbs and the jetting is all stock 50-50-50,330-330-330.The spark plugs are burning perfect(light brown).My question is this ,should I try dropping the needles 1 clip or should I look somewhere else ,maybe go down a little on the pilots? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Alawens

·
Registered
9 Posts
I read on one of these forums one day that the f lll 600 came with br10es spark plugs, however it said that you should be using br9es because the 10s would foul up. you may also try cleaning your RAVE valves. I don't know if any of this info will help your sled, but just a few suggestions you could try.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shoulda told ya that the raves are clean and i am running br9eya and also have tried the br9es.Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah, my 96 FIII drinks the go-go juice like it's happy hour too. I'm not sure what the deal is, maybe it's just the sled. Did yours do this before? Mine would flood out before because the stator wasn't working properly. Have you checked that?

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
alawens said:
My question is this ,should I try dropping the needles 1 clip or should I look somewhere else ,maybe go down a little on the pilots? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Alawens
I think you should try both. Move the clips up one or two notches and see how that does first, then get smaller pilots.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You said that your problem is at WOT. The main jets affect fuel delivery at WOT and the clips on the needles affect the middle of the throttle range. I would try dropping mains a size at a time. If you don't have EGT gauges, run the sled wide open for a bit across the lake or wherever you can. Shut the sled off without letting it run in the mid-range or idle and pull the plugs. They should be a nice golden brown. Black and oily is too rich, and greyish is too lean. Do it first with your current setting, and then one size at a time from there. This will reduce your chance of cooking a piston or something.

AAEN's carb tuning handbook is a beauty! If you are messing with your carb's, I would definately get it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks alot i will definately look into AAEN's carb tuning handbook.I think with a little tinkering with them I'll get her goin how i want.Thanks for the replies.
Alawens

1 - 8 of 8 Posts