Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96' EXT 580 EFI bogs really bad at low rpm's. It goes fine after 4500 rpm's but if you come to a stop and let it idle down for a few seconds and try to go again it bogs and stragles to get back up to 4500 rpm's again. Whats wrong? Anybody else ever have this problem?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
mine is idling low and then gets rushin and gets to about 5000 and bogs, so i guess if we put our sleds together we'll run like a raped ape. lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I check Fuel Pressure? I was told that it might be that the jets are dirt and need to be cleaned, is this possible?

·
Registered
38 Posts
did it do this last winter? If not, my guess would be your carburators gummed up over the summer from sitting. Take your carbs off and spray some carb cleaner in there to clean them out.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
efi have electronic throttle bodies, youre best bet is to just get hooked up to an efi analyzer, tell you your problem instantly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Maverick said:
efi have electronic throttle bodies, youre best bet is to just get hooked up to an efi analyzer, tell you your problem instantly.
ooh.. electronics can be a pain in the ass.:(

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you have an EFI controlled engine, then you do not have carbs. Hooking up to an analizer is a very good start and it will let you know if you have any electrial related problems but, if the sled is bogging at low idle, then it sounds like a fuel delievery issue and the analizer will not identfy that.

As for the individual that said your jets are dirty and need to be cleaned, EFI engines deliever fuel through nozzles that are dependent upon fuel pressure, Jets are found in conventional carbs and control the amount of fuel through vacuum.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
efis have carbs, just have electronic throttle bodies instead of jets delivering the fuel. any problem in the electrical delivery and the analyzer will pinpoint it. run it for a little while and check the plugs, make sure they arent black or white, if the engine is running fine, try turning up the idle a little bit, it might only be bogging because the idle is soo low and it takes that extra gas to get it where it should be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts