Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.. Cleaned the float bowl and checked the floats and unscrewed and cleaned the needle and chamber. (didnt check the needle or float settings)
The floats moved freely and appeared to be ok but I didnt know to check the setting. (how DO you?)
Anyway, my brother in law just got this sled for his son and when we got it home we noticed the primer/plunger hose that feeds one of the the carbs was broken. (the one on the recoil side) (It started and seemed to run fine when we were looking at it but now I wonder how it started with that primer hose broke off?) :dunno:
We fixed the hose so now the plunger/primer works but fuel runs out of one of the vent hoses. If you plug this hose than the fuel runs out of the other vent hose. It seems to run ok with the exception of this issue and occasional hard starting.
I'm thinking that maybe the float is set wrong on this carb or the needle isnt seating properly or could it be something with the primer hose? Could this carb be sucking in to much fuel through that hose?
How do you take out the seat if that needs to be replaced? Does the needle just unhook via the clip?
Could it be something else entirley?
Thanks, and any help is very much appreciated..

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
You flip the carb over with the belt off to adjust the float. The float should be parallel with the carb body. Replace the inlet needle first. The seat should be OK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts