Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parts from a 96 440 xcr sp that was parked after burnt piston. Can get pictures if needed, prefer PayPal gift or also would do USPS money order. All prices include shipping and open to offers if you don’t like the price. Please PM me on here or text 712-2five4-zero85six

CDI box $70
Flywheel $50
Bottom case, needs cleaned up and has one stud tip broke off. $60
Crank, has bad pto bearing and going to guess rest of them aren’t the best as it sat with the motor open, but crank itself is good $100
2 piece Pipe and can $140
Water pump $35
Brake caliper $25

Also have the stripped tunnel/pan/main chassis that would free for the taking once I get the rest of it stripped, but it is located in western Iowa.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Those had 38mm carbs on them that along with the cylinder head and exhaust is what made the XCR different from the standard l/c 440.

Would you happen to have those carbs with the cables still attached? If so how much shipped?

Thanks

·
Registered
471 Posts
DAMN! I need a set really bad for a '92 EFI 500 I am wanting to convert to carbs from that dreaded EFI.

Oh well thanks for getting back to me!

Can you send me a picture of the exhaust with can please? And if you have a picture of the manifold if you happen to have it?

What is the bottom cash offer you would take for the exhaust if it works for me? As iirc you can use that exhaust on a standard '98 Indy 440 L/C if you have the manifold as well.

If you have the cylinder head let me know also with a picture if possible.

I know that is asking a lot but I need to see if they will bolt up like my friend who works at Polaris directly says it will as the only difference between the XCR, XCR SP and the standard 440 was the cylinder head, exhaust and carbs.

Thanks I would really appreciate all of it!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not have the y-pipe, but according to parts diagrams the 440 uses the same one for the wedge chassis. The only thing I have heard and read is that if using this pipe setup that you should run the cdi as well as the timing curve is different. Not trying to talk you into both, but wanted to pass that info along, was going to put it on my daughters 440 lc but decided not to. Send me your zip code and I can see what shipping will be and get you a better price.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Actually it is going on a '98 Evolved Indy 440 L/C and they use the same CDI per Polaris. Most of the parts except the body parts are the same.

54112 is the zip code.

Unfortunately today I just had the washer go KABOOM! While we were watching football so I need to see if I can find a used washer tomorrow for cheap before committing to this. I thank you for the quick pictures and offering. I am still interested but just have to wait till I figure that out tomorrow...It's always something!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like shipping will be around $40, I would do $115 shipped. Looking at the electrical specs the 96 440 xcr sp had cdi part #CU6418 , that and the 97 440 xc are the only models I see from 96-98 that uses that cdi, again just FYI as from what I understand to take full advantage of the 2 piece pipe that cdi should be used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts