• No

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an Arctic Cat 1995 ZRT 800 Triple and people keep telling me that I am guaranteed to blow a piston. I heard elsewhere that Polaris triples were the only ones notorious for blowing the one piston. Does anyone here think I stand a chance or am I doomed to replace a piston this year. The thing has 4000 miles on it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a 93 polaris xlt 600 triple. Original cylinder bore 5000 miles still runs great. Never had a piston problem. I don't know who made that crap up. Probably someone whos never owned a triple.

·
Registered
7 Posts
not garunteed but likely

i blew a piston on my triple cat at 22 hundred miles and at 2600 miles, and my neighbor blew his thunder cat up at around 4500

·
Registered
711 Posts
This is why i hesitate at artic cat, i have heard of this happening, however, i have only herd of it with arctic cat, :(

dano

·
Registered
482 Posts
Jimmy,
I have the 90 indy 650 tripple, yes they were pron for the clutch side cylinder leaning out and blowing.

The prob is the air box, on the #2+3 cylinder side the box is 5' deep, on the #1 cylinder the box is 3' deep on top of that the inlet for the air is on the right side.
to cure the problem you jet up 2 sizes on the #1 cylinder to give it more juice.

the guy before me already did it before I bought it, since then 5000 mls no probs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts