Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all I am new to the forum world.
I come to you for your help, I have been trying to help my dad get his sled working again. Here is a little background, to bring you up to speed. Ran the sled last year after a fresh rebuild, including new crank seals. "that why it melted down". The sled ran like crazy last year, but it did seem that every once in a while it would screw up, like a miss or a bog, randomly. but over all did great, put a couple hundred miles on it. End of season, seafoam, inside storage. This year the sled started out well, ran well and fast. And now its hard starting and bogs from 1700 to 2100 rpms. most of the time when i hit the throttle is will just die. It sounds like the engine is loading up with fuel. Also if i pull the fuse on the injectors/fuel pump "just long enough to break the connection" while it is bogging it will take right off and run as long as i keep it above 2100 rpms. if it goes below that it will bog again. I have checked the TPS its ohms correct, the injector and ignition pickups ohm correct, the water temp and air temp ohm good. TSS is ok, I even tried to bypass it, no change. mechanical and electronic timing are right on. the computer even say it is good. Battery is 12.3 volts. If anyone has any ideas, please help. Thank You

·
Registered
711 Posts
What are your stator ohms?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the idea and the stator testing video. the ohms on the coils are 49 ohms and 290 ohms, in series they are 339 ohms. would this cause the sled to not start well and not open up? And the computer gives me one single blink when i first turn on the ignition.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Thank you for the idea and the stator testing video. the ohms on the coils are 49 ohms and 290 ohms, in series they are 339 ohms. would this cause the sled to not start well and not open up? And the computer gives me one single blink when i first turn on the ignition.
Your low side coil on your stator is dead. Anything under 430 ohms is bad. At 290 I'm suprised it is even giving you any spark.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pulled the stator and ordered parts, I will post back the results in a week or so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually ordered just the two replacement coils from RMStator. Are they any good? I would think they should be. Aftermarket anything is usually ok.

·
Registered
711 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts