Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has gas getting to the carbs but wont start will start for a second with gas down the heads but dies out after it burns out? Cleand the carbs and the jets and still nothing. Any help would be awesome.

·
Super Moderator
17,144 Posts
I would pull a fuel line and put it in a container and pull the rope a few times. If no fuel, check the fuel pump, it may need rebuilt or the impulse line from the crankcase to the pump may have cracks in it.

If you have fuel in the container with every pull of the rope, check the inlet needle/seats of the carbs to make sure the needles aren't stuck in the seats. That is very common with sleds that have sat for a while. The gas in the bowl evaporates and the stuff left over turns to varnish and will glue those needles closed.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
1,825 Posts
Go threw the fuel pump and at least clean it
Then replace all the fuel lines including the pick up in the tank

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems like it wants to start but just not getting any gas plugs are dry everytime unless I put gas down the heads. Just put new gasket in the top end.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put my hands on the back of the carbs and it's not sucking my hand towards it. It's just not pulling gas.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Ha, this is simpler than that. The 583 is a cold b_tch to start and keep running. Even at 70 degrees, it won't start and stay running on the first fire.

95 will have a primer. After priming, usually 3 priming, then pull the primer out and pull start it. When it fires, get your hand on the primer and get ready to prime. As soon as the motor starts to die, push the primer in. Keep your hand on the throttle and on the primer and prime to keep it running. Usually takes about 3-4 minutes running for it to run on its own. 5-10 minutes when it is really cold.

You have to be quick with the primer. Don't prime before it starts to die, otherwise you will flood it, but prime as soon as it starts to die or it can be to late.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts