Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 indy 500 carb and i recently went snowmobiling in upstate pennsylvania and at the end of the day about 1/4 mile away from camp the snowmobile just bogged down and would not rev over 5000 rpm and would barely move changed plugs and didnt do a thing. ran fine for the first 139 miles anyone with any kind of info would help grately. also when idling it will jump between 1500 and 3000 rpm and will shut of after a while if u dont give it throtle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had put my finger over the plug hole and there is compression. put new plugs in it and ran it and drove it for a while one plug is normal color (used) and the other one is still shinny dont look like anything is hapening in that cylinder.

·
Registered
1991 Polaris Indy 650
61 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me last year at a poker run, in the mornign it was nice and cold but by the afternoon we were sledding in t-shirts! Thats wen my sled started to bog down and would hardly move. turned out I had a scored cylinder and a fried ring!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.