Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a coolant leak comming from underneath the sled. where could this be comming from and is it an easy fix ?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Could be coming from anywhere. Do you run studs? A stud could have went through the front heat exchanger. A chaffed line? The water pump has a weep hole and it will drip on the case of the engine. I wouldn't say it would leak enough here to make a puddle on the ground though. I'd say a line is chaffed. I found one on my 500 today and wraped another piece of line around it and tied it before it chafed through and left me stranded...

·
Registered
466 Posts
I woulnt say...I know on my 500 it's tight quarters where they come from the front heat exchanger. The engine would have to come out. Hence why I put some protection before it busted. And I'd say there's 1/8" before it does..damn eh?

Also I would say it would be a dealer part to get the correct bend in it. Unless you just wanted to put regular coolant line on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fix carbeurators..check ! fix coolant leak ... check ! clutch issues...check ! many thanks for all the info on this site !!!!! very helpful.... and a huge thanks to my big brother for all his valueable labor , could'nt have done it without him !!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts