Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 indy 500 carb and i recently went snowmobiling in upstate pennsylvania and at the end of the day about 1/4 mile away from camp the snowmobile just bogged down and would not rev over 5000 rpm and would barely move changed plugs and didnt do a thing. ran fine for the first 139 miles anyone with any kind of info would help grately

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Check spark and compression in both cylinders.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just had the sled serviced before this trip and replaced the fuel and oil filters and cleaned carbs we went 190 miles on the trip and this was right at the end needless to say i didnt get to ride the second day which sucks

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I rode for 60 or so miles one day, then the next time I went out I got about 4 miles... The sled would run fine, then bog, then go again, then bog. I stopped and checked spark. I was only getting it on one side. I swapped wires, and plugs, and determined one side of the coil wasn't firing. By the time I tried starting it again, neither side was firing. Towed it back. Got a coil on eBay, replaced it, and now it starts first pull every time.

So... check for spark. If one side is cutting out, it will definitely bog. Also, if one cylinder is bad, it will bog. Check compression.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.