Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking into trade my 95 Kawasaki KX 250 for a 95 formula ss 670..... is this a goos sled... what are the ups and downs of it,.... anyone know any of the specs....? thanks alot...( newguy here... first post...)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hope they are good. I just gave a guy 1/4 price today and will be paying for rest and picking up Saturday a 95 Formula SS 670. Thing runs awesome, it has a pipe and he put pn a nice pqddle/extended track and tunnel kit on it. Needs seat redone. but otherwise seems ok. Price was right So it will have a home next to my Indy.)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...

sounds cool man.... if you could post another reply after you get it and let me know how it is... thanks. are there alot of add-ons you can buy for this sled?..... if i do get it i will eventually get a pipe,... maybe clutch,... and really want a deeper track. but hey , thanks for the info,... keep it comin...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
670'S ARE RELIABLE AND PRETTY MUCH BULLETPROOF, REAR SUSPENSION A LITTLE OUTDATED(IF IT'S THE C-7 SUSPENSION)
YOU SHOULD NOT BE DISSATISFIED WITH THE PERPORMANCE
REAL STRONG RUNNERS.

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hehe the suspension sure looks like more travel and a softer ride than my 87 Indy.) Getting this sled tomorrow. Anyone have a good clue as to how to adjust the suspension for my fat butt? I weigh in at about 215-220. The guy I bought it from is prolly like 195 tops after lunch and a few bricks in his pocket.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welll.....

i got my sled lat night..... this thing is a monster!... the guy took off the stock canister and made a new one out of a glass pack! so this thing is LOUD! when you get on the gas is sounds like about 10 2-stroke bikes coming at you! last time he ran it at the radar runs he said it got 110mph,.. but that was before the exh. mod i guess. aside from being hard to physically start,,... it is a killer sled! there is a pic of it here -----> http://www.snowmobileforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1212

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice to hear. I just took mine out after getting the right jets today. I picked mine up yesterday.) THis thing is heavy, but it SCREAMS!!!!!!!!! Mine is hard to physically pull over, but it starts in one pull everytime today. Could only get it up to about 60mph today where I was riding. But we are supposed to go next week to the lake!. This thing will pull the skis off the ground soo easy.) This one has an MBRP silencer is the only engine mod. 15" track extension for suspension mod. But other than that it's stock. It's a blast!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Odd that he said it ran 110mph radared, i just pull from them on a 600 triple but only hit 108 and have some cash under the hood. Not sayin hes lying but i would have it radared again before a bragging session starts, too many posts here of that sort on sleds that are noway possible of hitting them speeds. Read the forums on 600 vs 670 and you will see the 600 can out weigh it in overall speed. IF you get it clocked at 110 let me know whats under the hood, ill get it imediatly...LOL. Grat lookin sled though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
new stuff

ya, i DONT KNOW that what this guy said is true, im just saying what he told me. i doubt it is true and will not belive it until i do it myself anyways. i got some new stuff for it acouple days ago,.. WOW what a difference. i got a new Kimpex 1" paddle pre-molded WITH 144 picks installed... WOW other cool stuff is yellow skis, floorboard skids, hand gaurds, and acouple other small things.... on another note...i went to a local "snowmobile event" this past weekend... i entered the sled in the 600mod class, after the event started 2 hours late, we got things going good. i entered the drag races on a 100 yard course, the only other sleds in my class were a 2002 ZR600 and a 2003 zr600 (i think that what they were.) the 2003 had v-force reeds and acouple other things,1" paddle 144 picks not sure what the other sled had. i raced the 03 first and won by like less then 5 ft, then i raced the 02 and completely killed it, by more then 20-30ft,atleast. so we switched lanes and same thing, killed it! since i just eliminated that sled i raced the 03 2 more times, BOTH times i had a horrible start and spun the track for the first 10ft, so needless to say he got a jump on me and won both. but hey,.. not bad for a 1995 sled( even though it is a 670 vs 600) im going out again this weekend to "polar blast , "

·
Registered
275 Posts
600vs670 was in skidoo, not them sleds. Not to knock other sled manufacturers, *cough*, i pull great from them. That post was just a skidoo comparison. All my buddies SWEAR by their Cats or Yamahas and just got blown away by mine. 2001 800 cat got spanked by me just to find out he snuck a 900 in it so it looked like a sleeper, now he's getting a Viper. Wont temp that one i dont think...LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts