Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a chance to buy an 95 Arctic Cat EXT580 Mountain Cat long track which has 3700 miles on it. Not running at the moment. Rest of sled is in good shape. He wants $600. I am told they are easy to work on to rebuild top end and re a good sled. Do you think this is a good deal? I have done rebuilds on ATV 2 strokes and Polaris sleds so can do work myself to save on labour.

·
Registered
26,128 Posts
Yes they are good sleds but $600 for a non running one is high! Offer him $200 and tell him you'd give him $600 if he gets it to run!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re:

Went and checked sled out. Track and tunnel are great and 130 psi in each cylinder. Wiring harness is a bit of a mess due to both mice and bypasses. But with 130 psi each, decided to pick up for 500.00 and get a another wiring harness. Used sleds here in Ontario have been going like hot cakes and prices are up fairly high. Picked it up for $500.00. Hope all goes well with it.

·
Registered
26,128 Posts
If it isn't efi start by simply unplugging the 4 way square plug comeing out of the motor! Test for spark, if none jump the brown and black wires on the motor side! If it is EFI there is a 3 way plug.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I pulled it over and it has good spark without jumping the wire coming from motor. can I assume stator is good? One thing I have noticed is that the ECU has blue written on it with marker on he back but the injectors are yellow dot? Should the ECU not be yellow dot as well to match?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts