Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my first sled. The 95 600 XCR has 4000 miles on it but has been sitting for about 8 years. When he put it away it ran great and he drained the gas and fogged it. When I got it today I added clean gas, new plugs, oil, and antifreeze. It pulled real hard so I dumped a little gas into the cylinders. It fired right up. Everything seemed to be good. Then I noticed some gas underneath it. I followed it and finally found it was coming off of each carb. There is a tube running from each carb that has a plastic piece on it (with VAC on it). The gas is pouring out of these. After looking over the forum a little I think the carbs need to be cleaned. There is a float or valve or something that is stuck open allowing too much gas into the carb and letting if spill out the tube. Does this sound right? Before I tear apart the carbs and clean them I want to make sure. Also, I have done a little carb work before (snowblowers, 4 wheelers) but never on a sled. Is there anything I need to know? How do I make sure I have all 3 setup right? I've never worked on anything with multiple carbs. Any help would be appreciated. I know this is a long post, but I have had a lot of great experience on 4 wheeler forums. Thanks all.

·
Registered
351 Posts
You probably nailed it. These carbs are easy to disassemble and clean. The hardest part is getting them adjusted properly afterwards. There are many good threads here that detail the process better than I could explain it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.