Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a 94 zr580 carbed i just picked up. Motors been gone though all new gaskets, seals, pistons etc. The sled ran great the first time i started it, but now when it does start it will only run on 1 cylinder. I have cleaned bouth carbs out good changed every gas line, have spark on bouth sides and it still only fires on 1 cylinder. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
711 Posts
What kind of spark? Are both nice bright blue? What are your staor ohms?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya they bouth have blue spark but it looks a little weak. So i guess next would be to test stator? Do u have any videos on a non efi stator test?? Im really trying to get this figured out because were suppose to have 5 inches of snow by tuesday

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it has not been really broken in yet. The frist night i got it started it only ran on 1 cylinder because the floats were stuck in the one carb, after cleaning it out it ran great. I took 3 trips around the yard with it not even 2 10ths of a mile. I shut it off tightend all head bolts and cheaked evenything over. Now when it does start its only running on 1 cylinder. Im thinking maybe the fuel pump???? The sled sat in a barn for about 3 years before i rebuilt it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i got it figured out that it was a problem with no pickup in the tank, and the slides are a little off. Thank you all for your help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts