Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help!
I have a 94 zr580, carburated model. It runs great, but none of the accecories work. No lights, tach, speedo, nothing. I was told to check the yellow wire coming out of the stator for power. I got none. I have been told to change out the stator, Could this be the problem?

·
Super Moderator
17,905 Posts
I had the same problem on my 1994 ZR580 Carb, I was able to change out the lighting coil, it is separate from the primary coil on the stator plate.

Alpha Sports - Arctic Cat Snowmobile Catalog

At $83, you may want to have Blaine1 rewind your old one for you! New stators are $469, so just changing the lighting coil or getting it rewound will be a LOT less money.

·
Super Moderator
17,905 Posts
There are two coils on the stator, a lighting coil that does the lights and accessories and a main coil that runs electricity for the engine. You can fail one side and it does not affect the other side at all. The coils are completely separate, which is good for repair. It's a common problem on mid 90's carb engines with that stator design, and the problem is usually in the lighting coil and not the main coil, so the engine runs normally with NO lights or accessories.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts