Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 94 vmax 600 dx touring and have heard alot about clutch problems on this year can anyone tell me what other yrs and models will fit this? my wife will kill me if we get stranded in the cold thanks

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
would you happen to know what models that clutch was used on?
not a polaris expert, but from what I've gathered polaris has only used two clutches in the last 15-20 years. The p85 and the p90. the p85 is for higher horsepower/liquid cooled, and the p90 gets the small end of the scale. I don't THINK they have different shaft sizes but they may...

(only reason I know it works is that is what came on my '95 vmax 600 when I bought her. But it has been absolutely bulletproof so far for me.)

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
any yamaha snowmobile clutch 94 to current, yes, even the 4 strokes will fit your sled. obviously you dont want a 94 so you have alot of other years to draw from. the main differences between clutches is the weights, spring, and the rollers. outside of those tuning components, the rest of the clutch is the same, with one exception.

the rollers and the roller pins were unique to the 94-96 years and wont interchange with the 97 and up clutches due to the diameter. the 94 weights will crossover to any of the newer clutches.

the yamaha bolt will not work on the p-85 clutch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.