Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
i have a bucket load of used ones compatable with that sled. most in good runnable shape, some may need new bearings. which size you after, the 5"ers or the 7" rear axle ones?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 1985 Yamaha Enticer 340 and one of the rear idler wheels broke off. I usually buy parts on Ebay but am worried about getting the correct one. Does anyone have a part # or other way to ensure I get the correct item?

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Check here it has Idler Wheel Applications then you can take the part numbers to amazon or ebay or wherever to find one. Even has pictures of what they look like as well before page 508.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check here it has Idler Wheel Applications then you can take the part numbers to amazon or ebay or wherever to find one. Even has pictures of what they look like as well before page 508.

Thanks so much Coolhand, that is exactly the info I needed. This looks to be the correct one here.. Parts Unlimited - 04-116-98 - Idler Wheel, 7in. | eBay Doesn't look like it comes with the bearing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So you need part#1 or 5 on the illustration then? As 2 and 3 are a 04-116-96. Bearing should be a 6204 series
Yes, I assume that one and five are the 7" rear ones, are they the same? The one I need is on the left side rear facing forward.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Looks that way according to that illustration. Should also be a snap ring holding in the bearing as well. You just flip it for whatever side you need. Lots of them on eBay for 21-25 bucks a piece shipped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, I received the 7" idler wheel in the mail, it looks pretty much the same as the old one except the old one measures 7 3/8" across and the new one 7"...the metal part is the same but the old one has thicker rubber. Will that work or do I need to get another one to match the new one? I order a 2 piece bearing set, so I have an extra bearing already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts