Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a 94 vmax 500 and it keeps backfiring, I did a compression test and got 110 compression in each cylinder. Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks, Greyson

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clean your carbs, should be done every year before pre-season and go from there.
Ok thanks, I thought of that but didn’t know if I should, is there a repair manual PDF that I can download? I’ve never done one on this type of machine before

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Click Yamaha and then look around to see if you can find one that is close. If not then I'm sure someone here has a manual for it. KC will know where to look or how to do that sled, I haven't worked on a Yamaha in close to 35 years.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Carbs need to be cleaned EVERY preseason. With the gas we have these days it destroys the inside of the carb. Needle/seats need to be checked or replaced as well. Floats need to be set to level. Plugs should be changed as well before the season starts. Another good thing to do is during the summer pull the plugs put a little pi oil in there and turn it over without the plugs inside so the cylinder walls stay lubricated and don't rust up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Click Yamaha and then look around to see if you can find one that is close. If not then I'm sure someone here has a manual for it. KC will know where to look or how to do that sled, I haven't worked on a Yamaha in close to 35 years.

Thanks, I downloaded a manual with the exact carbs and will clean them tomorrow, I’ll tell you how it turns out. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts