Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a chance to trade my indy 500 for a 94 indy storm 800. The guy just got the storm this year and it is to much for him i guess. I'm just wondering how the storms in 94 are? any problems to look or worry about? he said it runs great just to fast for him. it has some cosmetic blemishes but nothing to bad. and how much faster would this be then my 500? well how much faster than a 600 since mine will stay with a stock 600.

·
Fool Injected
210 Posts
My buddy had a 1994 Storm from new until a couple of years ago and besides normal maintenance he had no problems. That thing was fast ! It would put a serious hurt on allot of newer machines that left quite a few owners shaking their heads.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i may go look at it this weekend. wish we had snow so i could ride it.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what is the top speed on them and are they a tripple?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Check out this article I found for the 95' 800cc muscle sleds...SG Classics: 1995 Muscle Sled Shoot-Out
And yes, that 800 is a triple and is very fast!!! Make sure to check compression when you take a look, it should be 120 or higher! And i can gaurantee you would notice a difference between that and your 500! Even with the mods!

·
Registered
318 Posts
And top speed should be around 120 (which is fast enough!)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
yes a triple. reed vavle triple not piston port. some people say they were underachievers for an 800 triple but many people say the exact opposite. I know for a fact its gunna be WAY ahead of the indy500! but it probably wont be as easy to throw around in ditches or tight places, so depends on hwo you ride!

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh my 500 is fast for a 500 but i know it's only a 500. i mainly trail ride and do some field riding by my house. and for sure i will take my tester with me. going to meet him on Wed. fingers crossed.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so it would be worth trading then? i have a lot of time and money in the 500 but i want something faster. i've been riding for over 10 years now and only owned a 500 or below. going to get a xlt next month but i want something with some real balls.

·
YAMAHA
144 Posts
If you want balls then get it. I had that same one god that thing was scary fast. i would say it would have kepped up with my vmax 4 if i had it then. I would say do it. thay are a good sled. The only reason i got rid of mine was i had no air box and she backfired and caught fire. Melted the wiering harness and the coils.

·
Registered
318 Posts
If its in decent shape and its been well maintained, I say trade straight up! Those 800 triples definitely have balls!

·
Fool Injected
210 Posts
Buy it.
I like this quote..

"The Storm has a strong engine, as all these machines do, but what hurt the Storm was its lack of trail-ability. The engine has an arm stretching midrange and feels just as fast as the Mach Z. However, the power is either on or off, there is no middle ground. If you were cruising at 50MPH and wanted to speed up to 60 it was very difficult to do on the Storm. Instead, the Storm would rocket up to 80, which is fine as long as there are no trees in the way. The on/off throttle took a lot of concentration to use effectively on the trails. Fourth place in drags and being difficult to trail ride lands the Indy fourth in the engine category. "

·
Registered
10 Posts
If I was you I would get it. I have owned two of them and they are great. More power than you will ever need. Sometimes I wish I wouldn't have sold mine. I have gotten mine to 120 mph and it was fine on the trails. Heavy though.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the guy sold it today for 600 bucks!

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
ya just removed from craigslist when i went to check it out.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
snowstunt!!!!!!!!! holy#*%@ where have you been!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts