Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 skandic with a 377 in it. I'm having a problem with the right side cylinder. When I put a new plug in it, it will run good for a short period of time then the right side plug fouls. It's happened on the last 2 rides. I've changed the plug caps with no change. I'm not sure what to go for next. Do I change the wires?

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Try a champion plug, RN2C.

I had issues like that with my 1996 Touring E 380. NGK plugs have a narrow part of the anode that acts like a fuse. Other manufacturers don't have that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put in the Champion plugs and it seems to be working. I have only put a small amount of miles on the sled but I was looking to see as what to gap the plugs. I found a chart that indicates a .016 gap, that seems to be very small. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Pretty sure the manual calls for a .018 gap.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
That is a question I'm not really sure of. I know that almost everything I've owned I've ran with the gap at .028. Including a 95 Summit and 96 Touring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took the sled out for another ride and it ran great. The only problem that I now have is that for such a small motor it sure drank a lot of fuel. The machine was full to the sight fuel gauge and I put 35 miles on it . When I got home my fuel sight gauge was a;most empty. That seems like an awful lot of fuel. By my calculation I may have seen 8 MPG. The spark plugs looked like they may have been running rich (black).
I also wanted to know if anyone knows what power source I can use for a heated visor. I've poked around and have only been able to find a very low voltage <1 volt at idle and a little better than 2 volts when I rev it up. The mag is putting out 29 volts. I saw someone use power from the voltage regulator, but up to now have not been able to locate it.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Remember the voltage is AC. Pulling from any of the yellow - yellow/black wires should work fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried to hook up to the power supply for the back up alarm who's color is yellow for positive and yellow and black is negative. Didn't seem to work.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
If it requires 12V DC it won’t work

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again for all the info. I will be running a 12 volt battery and we'll see how that works.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
If you want to be able to charge the battery, you need a voltage regulator for an e-start. Just about any from that year sled will work. Grand Touring, for example.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts