Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Replace the brake line those are pretty common and can be found on eBay or salvage yards. Just make sure you bleed the system along with popping the cap off the brake reservoir while doing it and use DOT 3 brake fluid in it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replace the brake line those are pretty common and can be found on eBay or salvage yards. Just make sure you bleed the system along with popping the cap off the brake reservoir while doing it and use DOT 3 brake fluid in it.
It’s not the brake line though I think it’s the sensor. It looks like it’s leaking out around one of the clips so maybe the rubber plug is cracked and leaking through that. It only leaks when you squeeze the break hard

·
Registered
331 Posts
Unless you can take that sensor apart to see if there is a replaceable O ring in there, you are going to need a new one. More than likely, the plastic is cracked from age. Also, flush out that fluid while making the repair! It looks like it is the original from 1994!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just looked that part up on a parts fiche. It is your stop light switch. The part number is 4110135. It is showing no longer available. I would check at a Polaris dealer and see if they have a switch that would work.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Yeah that is my fault I should have looked a little closer that is the stop light switch sorry. You can get those just about anyplace as they were common. I just threw out 4 sets of those a couple months ago because no one wanted them. Even some aftermarket ones out there for 20 bucks on eBay.

·
Registered
26,323 Posts
Again go to a swap meet like Hay Days and buy a complete master line and caliber for $20 and replace it all!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone for the help, I think the plastic cracked around the terminal and is leaking from there. I would love to go to the swap meet and just get a whole new sled or brake line set up but I’m a teenager saving for a truck and I don’t have that money to spend on this as it is.

·
Registered
331 Posts
You don't need to replace the brake setup. Just get a new switch for $20, flush the brake system with new fluid, and you will be ready for snow in a few months!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I’m just doing the switch and putting aircraft break fluid in so it doesn’t attract moisture and it lasts a lot longer

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would just use DOT 3. That is what it was designed for. Just do a flush and fill every two years and you are good to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts