Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this sled and dont know a hole lot about it. Yesterday everything was working fine. Today head light and gauge lights work but thats it. All lights work but temp and fuel needles dont. Any pointers on where to start looking?

steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also the hand warmers work. I did see a melted wire but it didnt melt through. How do I check for power or ground?

·
Registered
142 Posts
check to see if anything is unplugged. jiggle the wires to see if theycome on you might also have a wire that isbare and got grounded somewhere

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK got it almost fixed. It was a fuse + I had the wire harness plugged upside down. The only thig left is the speedometer. The light works but the needle dont. How to I check it? On the back of the gauge it has two spots for the cable. Why 2?

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
dont know why 2 but id check where it connects to the jack shaft right behind ur secondary

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
You obviously have awiring problem. If it blew a fuse like you said above, then something is shorted. The speedo has 2 holes- one for MPH and one for KMH.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I unplugged the speedo and road the sled around. The cable isn't turning. So it's something in the motor? Is it an easy fix?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts