Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just snagged a 1994 Formula STX 583 to beat on this winter. Limiter strap looks ragged so I want to change it but can't find the part. All the parts sites go to 1996, not 1994. Do you reckon 1996 STX parts will fit my 94'?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Part number for your machine is:

1996 looks different and is a different part number: 570038800

Length is really the only thing that matters with that style. I know some machines had bolt-adjuster, which would not work on your machine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thanks. The current strap is threaded through the adjuster and looks like a PIA to get out even if I could find the matching belt. As I said previously the belt looks pretty frayed and about to break. Could I just buy an 18" standard limit belt, cut and drill it to fit and bolt it on to the right of the current belt on the same bars. So I would have 2 limit straps installed and if the original one snaps its no big deal?

I'd rather try to fix this now vs have it snap my first ride this winter and have to deal with it in the cold, unheated garage.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Just for reference... if the limiter does break while you are out on the trail, just take it easy, no big jumps. If you run your track loose, tighten it up if you're needing to ride for a distance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts