Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. So first off. The sled was running good. Then suddenly it would have problems idling.. So i figured maybe something was up with my carbs. So I took them apart. And did a good cleaning. Put them back together. Stuck em in the sled.

I turned the Pilot Jet screw out 1 1/2 turns on each carb. The main Idle Adjuster screw on the side of the carbs is in the same spot on both also. When I first started the thing. And i was adjusting the Idle.. I couldnt get it to Idle under 4k.. It would slow down to about 3900 or so. So i took it out for a few spins. To warm up the Motor. Then it would slow down to 3500.. Then after about a minute of sitting at 3500.. It would just drop off to Zero and die.. Which was the same problem I was having before i touched the carbs. However before. It idled at about 2k.. Which was great.

It is also very hard to start.. It fires on the first or second pull. But its not getting the gas.. I have to feather the throttle a lot until i build up the RPM's.. Then it will run.. but it wont idle by itself.. It just wants to die. So i have to keep playing with the throttle.

I'm not a huge expert on Carbs by any means.. I dont know much about these things.. So any help is appreciated..

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
check your in tank filter, in line filter, and lines, fresh gas, new plugs, the pilot jet is the little one in the center of the inside of the carb inline with the throttle pin,causes most problems, a fine strand of wire and carb cleaner clean the little holes out, after all this I would think electrical

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.