Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new to the forum just looking for some advise. So i aquired a WC..

Found the grounds to the stator were disconnected, reconnected and she fired first pull, however only on one Cylinder. PTO running fine. I swapped injectors, same thing so im thinking its the signal wire to that MAG injector. From what ive read the wiring on these sleds is a issue. I can see by the harness that runs under the jackshaft its a mess. Doesnt look really that bad, but i guess these AC's are picky and they ran this harness like idiots.

I downloaded a manual, and was able to send 12V through the ECU plug and heard both injectors click so i assume its the Timing sensor on the magneto. I tested the Ohms and that and it was within spec. One thing i saw was there is a white and a orange coming from that sensor going into the main harness. I found a small crack in the wire. Hoping that is it, but i have to go home and rip the harness out i dont want to do this twice. Am i heading the the right direction.

RJ Gleason pelase jump in. I see your the WC expert. Any advise would be great.

I cant find a legit Wiring diagram so i dont know how the orange/white wires turn into the injector signal wires. Where do they go in the Loom?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Someone please help. I know there are some AC guys on here. I see 25 replies for a 440 Sno Pro. Am i going in the correct direction?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wildcat help

No i haven't i will right now. Thinking about it now kinda seems dumb for not trying thus far. So assuming that i hear both injectors click when i grounded them through the pins does that rule out wire short.

Is this possible Dirty TB and or Reeds. it should spray when i pull the cord correct?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also if i pour gas in the non running cylinder it fires immediately on 2. Compression on that cylinder is 125 psi and i just noticed 1 missing bolt from the Boot between the TB and the Head so wondering if previous owner was in there. Ill report back. Thanks for the help Kccats. Anyone else welcome to throw out ideas.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
K so got some news. Found a seriously ripped TB boot so i dont see how that cylinder could have been getting gas...simple as that. LOL

Both TB's were misting. There was like a half inch gap between the boot so no way it was getting into the Cylinder.

Thanks to Kccats for pointing me in the right direction

Any tips on where to find one? can i use one off of any other motor ZR700?

·
Registered
25,423 Posts
They are simple HD patern boots I believe a pair for a 44mm carb ill work! I get them threw Fowler and are about $15! I'm puttin in an order today so let me know!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok sweet thanks for the info.

Does it need to have the equalizer tube going between the two boots?

so i would either need to order 2 new ones without the hose or one replacement? Im looking at $30 in HD boots

Im in N illinois Fox Chain area. Holiday Hills,IL

Dont know how i can get ahold of you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts