Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 93 Indy 600 xlt. It has a fresh rebuilt motor. The problem is the tach is bouncing all over the place. Now there is no cable going to the tach so I know it is not gear driven. Which leads me to think there is some type of electronic sending unit for the tach. Or it is hooked to the coil. Can someone help me out with this.

Also another question is I want to pull the air box off and put on air filters. Does anyone know what size the Carb is. It is a 600 tripple liquid cooled.

·
Registered
608 Posts
the tach is calibrated to count the frequency of the A/C voltage produced by the sleds lighting coil. Or to put it another way the tach signal wire is actually hooked to the same wire that feeds the headlight. I assume your headlight is working like it should ? If it is that would indicate there is nothing wrong with the feed side. Of course look for a loose connection or something shorting to chassis near the tach before condemning the instrument itself.

93 XLT 580??

VM 34 carbs

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I will do that, worse case I can pull the gauge pod out of my 500 polaris and hook it up and see if that works properly.

As for the head light seems to have a minor problem with the lo/hi switch on the handle bars. I am going to see about getting a new switch. But the head light does work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts