Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so when I got this sled back in the summer it would run fine, take throttle. But now since there is 12"s on the ground it wont run!!! it is kind of hit or miss it will run alright for a lil bit then it bogs and dies pull it several times it will start and idle but will not take throttle unless i play with the choke and throttle at the same time,so drag it back into shop and put it up on a stand it will start and idle good and take throttle but still with a bog. i'm thinking I need to pull the carbs and clean them what do you all think?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I dug into it a little more today and found some how the throttle cable had come unhooked from the slide in the right carb. So I fixed that and replaced the plugs, fuel filter and the old girl fired right up. Now I just need to figure out how to stop the belt chatter when stopped.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to adjust the throttle cables and sync the carbs. I am guessing the cable must have way too much free play for it to unhook on that carb. That or the slide was sticking open and the cable was slack because of it. As for the belt chatter at idle I am guessing the idle speed may be too high ?? causing the clutch to start to engage at idle speed?

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
That happend to me on the trails last year. My sled was running fine, then I let off the throttle and got back on and and BOGGGG. One of my cables came loose from the slide somehow. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts