Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so im not a skidoo person, I'm trying to help someone fix my skidoo.

So far I know we have swept out the coil. This is the message that was sent to me, asking me to find info on possible ways to fix it. "

Can anyone understand that and possibly give me some ideas??

Please and thanks.

"Is most definitely not anything to do with the fuel system is definitely something to do with the electrical system we need to know what kind of electrical system it has to sit up points does it have a magneto whatever it is that causes that problem. And the problem is when it's cold it runs on two cylinders it has spark on both spark plugs when it warms up it loses spark on one side so it only has spark on one spark plug when it is warmed up there is something in the electrical system causing a short summer or overheating or something I'm not sure exactly what it is."

·
Registered
255 Posts
First thing I would try is unscrew the spark plug boots, cut approximately 1/2" off of the plug wires, and screw the boots back on.

Think Snow!

·
Super Moderator
70 Posts
He will need to ohm the winding of the stator when the engine is hot and cold. Or the cdi box is dead. No points in that thing.

Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks guys!! I'll pass that info along as I have no idea what any of it means 🤣🤣

1 - 4 of 4 Posts