Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How can i get the wireing to match up so i can get fire to my engine? Its a task for sure but im having issues. I hooked up the 470 already in the 96 formula 500 body, no fire. Getting frusterated, so does anyone out therw know what i am doing wrong? Id prefur texting, 902 318 5919. Its easier foe me while im out side. Thank you
IMG_20200217_164703.jpg

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
First thing would be to see if you're getting spark. If you are not getting spark at all, then disconnect the kill switch, key switch, and tether switches and then see if you get spark. No spark still? You need to start testing the stator and coils.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If the motor ran when it was in the last sled, more than likely the wire positions in the wire connectors switched positions on the 500 chasey. You will need to find a wiring diagram for the 470 and the 500 and match up the wires for the key, kill switch and tether. You can use a jewelers screwdriver to release the wires in the connectors. Then you can move them around as needed. No need to cut wires this way. That just causes more problems down the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts