Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning guys, ol sled dog here Question, my kids 92' prowler 440 lc bottoms out pretty easy. I noticed the top rear suspenion bolt under the running boards has 2 hole positions, open an inch or so apart, front to back. Is the farther back one for a stiffer setup and than adjust the spring tensioner blocks. Thanks and lets go ridin

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey kccats morning from mn. when you said "back no bottom may help" did you mean not in the back hole? and why please. Also, there is no top and bottom, just front and back, about an inch or so apart. Yea, a new spring and rear shock it might need, 4000 miles on it. thanks bud and come on up riding

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
leave the bolt where it is. where are the blocks set on the springs? and yes like kcats said get new springs and a new gas shock. just put a kimplex nitro gas shock on my in laws ext and helped a ton.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blocks are set on highest or #3 I'll move bolt back to front hole. It seemed stiffer there. A nice gas shock eh, wondering if a 92' is worth it, but it did help that much on yours. hey, thanks

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
yes gas are stiffer than oil. so it's up to you on what he wants a stiff or bouncy ride. oil i don't think hold as much weigh as a gas one. gas cost more but i think are worth it. but even better is to get a rebuild able shock. well how much does he weigh? if he is a lil guy then a oil shock and new springs would work.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
no matter what shock you get it won't seem right till it gets rode a lil and breaks in. keep that in mind also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts