Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
morning brand new to the forum, just today. Been riding since "66" and have a carburator question about a cat. just picked up this Prowler and ran through in over the last 3 months. Cleaned and rebuilt the carbs twice and everything from the front to the back.. Here is my question At idle, when I crack the throttle she has a bog and almost wants to die, if I flip the choke on once, away we go. but nothing but bog, and dying without it. If I just feather it and get the rpm's up, sometimes still gotta use the choke away we go. All new jets. I DID NOTICE ONLY 1 CARB HAD THE TOP RUBBER SEAL and it was torn so I tossed it and am running without either. Do I need the seals under the cap thanks ahead of time from this old sled dog

·
Registered
142 Posts
i would replace the rubber seal. sometimes sleds just need rode for awhile to get them cleaned out.

·
PowderCat
4 Posts
Its sounds to me like your getting too much air and not a lean enough mix, i would deffinitly replace the seals and see if it still wants to bog.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
only have to feather it from idle, once it gets the r's up, she will fly. turning top end around 7400 r's at about 85mph. idle's all day, can walk away and come back later and she's still purring. If I punch it, she wants to die. I quickly grab the choke, flip it once, and pow.. we are gone

·
Super Moderator
18,335 Posts
Turn in the air screws 1/8 of a turn at a time until you get rid of the bog. I had a 90 prowler, and it ran great about 3/4 turns out from lightly seated. If you keep turning in until the air screws are completely seated, the air or fuel passageways to the pilot jet are clogged. Sometimes it helps to run a small wire through the passageways to dislodge any varnish. "Flossing" the pilot jet is also a good idea for the same reason.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks Dan cleaned it out again, and re-adjusted air/fuel jet. Seems to have helped out. It sat for a few years before I got it for a couple hundred bucks. I spent the last few months going through the whole sled and might have missed something Thanks again to ALL of you I'll let ya know how she runs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts