Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a new top end and jugs. i found some remans for 185 replated. anyone know if i should do replated or sleeved and cost to have them sleeved. also what brand of pistons should i get. any input would help

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
Definitely wiseco pistons. More expensive, but you get your money back in the life span and performance. No idea about the rest sorry.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I dont know how emotionally attached you are to that engine, but if you check ebay for the cost of a whole top end you can probably pick up a newer zl 440 engine that will drop right in.

·
Registered
25,332 Posts
The Prowler has a different 440! Pull your jugs off and have them replated! Don't bother with Wiesco's. OEM style pistons will be fine in that motor! US Chrome can replate yours for about $165-175? And if yours are gouged it isn't a problem to fix!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just get them replated if they are that bad, or replace them with a good set. To pay a machinest to do the machine work to the cylinders will cost you alot more then if you were to have them replated. Forged pistons are nice but not neccesary. SPI makes a good set of replacment pistons.

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
72puma, nothing in the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts