Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what clutch puller I need to pull this clutch? Well actually its a 92 AC Jag, the clutch doesn't engage like at all. It will sometimes, but rarely and if it does its at very high RPM's. Any ideas whats causing this??

http://home.comcast.net/~jasonc87/Snowmobile/DSC00535.JPG

--
Buckshot

95' Polaris Indy Sport Touring 440LT
92' Arctic Cat Jag 440
89' Yamaha SRV 540 (My Baby)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
whens the last time your clutch was rebuilt? take it off and clean it out really well with some carb cleaner, check your weights and spring.

·
Registered
60 Posts
By looking at the pictures, it looks as if someone used a hammer on the inside of the clutch. The clutch not engaging until high rpm's is an indicator that something is sticking. Your dealer can advise you on the proper tooling for this. Dan

·
Registered
482 Posts
some one had that off before, you can see the head off the shaft bolt rounded.
I see the marking too 900. :eek:
thats sure to eat some belts.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fendrguy said:
some one had that off before, you can see the head off the shaft bolt rounded.
I see the marking too 900. :eek:
thats sure to eat some belts.
Fender, What you mean? The bolt is loose, cuz we started takin it off, then realised we didn't have a clutch puller so I just stuck it back in there. What about the rounded bolt and the 900 markings? Thanks for the help guys

Thanks
Buckshot

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can't comment on the bolt but if the inside of the clutch sheeves are all banged up, your belt will not last. This surface needs to be clean, free of oil and soot and most of all, a machined surface. Anything other than this will result in one thing, empting your pocket of hard earned money on belts. :( Dan

·
Registered
482 Posts
Buckshot, didnt know ya took the bolt out.
Did'nt know ya started alraedy.
Its a habit, I buy a lot of stuff for resale. one of the first things I look for is wrench markings on bolts to find a history of what Im looking at.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see, sorry I shoulda' calrified, thats a good thing to do, if you guys want to see my ULTIMATE TOY, that combines Speed, Power, Awesome Handling, and the all around PERFECT maintnance free machine. Here it is..

Buckshot :D :cool:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts