Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I have a 92 trail deluxe and at low speeds my motor bogs out and there is no power. I have to get the rpms up to get it to move and sometimes it wont move then. I have had my carbs cleaned and sinked and still not resolution.... i also have had my driven clutch checked and it is fine..... When it happeneds i get alot of dark smoke and my plugs are always dark. Also the warmer the day the worst it is. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this???

tks
92 trail deluxe

·
Super Moderator
18,403 Posts
Sounds like it is running rich, you might try jetting down a size on your main jets... check your jetting chart to make sure the jet you are using is the correct one for your temperature and elevation. If your plugs are really dark, you can safely jet one size smaller to lean it up... just keep an eye on the plugs to make sure you don't go too lean. Too lean is too hot, and can result in piston damage.

Warmer conditions will richen up any jetting. Likewise, higher elevations will richen up the mix too. Warm air expands, resulting in less oxygen going into the engine on each stroke. High elevation is the same. There is less oxygen the higher you go, so less gas is needed. The factory jets for sea level and warmer days, so they are usually rich. They don't want to buy those pistons either. ;)

Hope that helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts