Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here but have found great info here before. Have a 92 500 sp, starts great and goes for about a half mile then boggs down or goes into limp mode. Recently got a code 15 for atmospheric psi sensor. Anyone know where this is and what happens if it malfunctions? It's starting to get annoying trying to figure this thing out. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Toonie

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
From what I have in my manuals is: the Barometric pressure sensor is located inside the ECU (computer). It's function is to read the atmospheric pressure, the ECU uses this for fuel/air ratio - depending on pressure changes or altitude changes. This sensor is part of the ECU and can't be purchased separately. The wiring diagram for your sled shows 4 sensors and there specific wiring colors - I do not see an atmospheric pressure sensor. The 4 sensors are Throttle, Crankcase, Water and Air. Nor does Polaris list a atmospheric pressure sensor.

....Also, any changes to a stock machine which affect the air pressure around the ECU, this will cause the barometric sensor reading to be inaccurate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been doing this for a week or better with no codes at all. I had the air box off and the intake air temp sensor unplugged when I got the 15 code. Plugged the IAT back in and code kept flashing. Don't know if that would have triggered that code or not. It's runnig out of fuel I think, the plugs are dry when it quits. Fuel pump cycles like it should and filters blew clean, I'm stumped. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Barometric Pressure sensor is inside your ECU. the only way to fix this is to get a New ECU. Unless you know someone who can work on electronics or maybe reflash your ecu? Other then that, I think the only way it to replace it. Do you know anyone with the same sled? Borrow their ECU and see if you have the problem. If not, then you know its that for sure.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Do you have a service manual for your sled? If you don't I can send you the Engine Electrical Section and you can read how to troubleshoot with a multi-meter. It's not too difficult to check when you have a manual in front of you, back and forth with texting does not work too well. Just send me your email and I will send you the section. I will be in and out of the house tonight sledding, so I will check for your email.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.