Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new to this site so let me know if I am not posting in the right area.

I have a 92 arctic cat prowler 440. I have put around 150 miles on so far this season. The other day I was driving along about 2 miles down the trail when the machine died. It seemed that I would get spark on one side about every 10th pull. I then installed the jumper wire that came in the tool kit when the machine was new. It still wouldn't start. An hour later I came back and the machine started and ran with the jumper installed, if I removed the jumper and plugged the harness back together the machine would not start.

I spoke briefly with a dealer mechanic and he thought that most likely either the kill switch or the key. He mentioned that you can use the jumper to check these switches indepenently. Can anyone tell me how or where I can find this out without bothering the dealer mechanic??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the video !!! I was able to bypass the TSS using the jumper wire that came with the tool kit. The sled starts fine now, but for some reason my lights seem to be dim, while on the trailer. I did rev the motor to the point where the clutch kicks in but the lights remained dim???

I had no problem with the lights prior to this? Any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts