Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sled ran great last year, And I pulled it out this year and the battery was dead so replaced and now it won't start. Almost like it's not getting fuel. Usually if i turn the key you can haer the fuel pump run then stop on it's own. Now I have to hold the key to keep the fuel pump running. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
46 Posts
Try this out!!!!

There are 2 important things to look for: 1-Disconnect and take out the battery, look under the battery for a 12 amp circuit breaker. Using Ohm meter, test the continuity of the unplugged circuit breaker. If it has less than 1 Ohm, it is good; otherwise replace by generic or OEM part, or use an inline 15amp automotive type fuse. This circuit breaker is used to feed the fuel pump relay and the self shut-off relay. 2-Next to that breaker, there is a device called an ACS (alternator controlled switch) which will react to the alternator turning to close the circuit which will send 12 volts to the ECM (electronic control module/computer). Here is the best way to test it: reconnect the battery, crank manually to start, on the orange/black wire there should be 12 volts (seen with a DC volt meter) at the same time as the engine is being manually started (may need someone to help you for this). If there is voltage on that orange/black wire directly at the ACS output, that means the componant is good. Otherwise, check the ground of this device, if ground is OK then replace ACS (Polaris dealer only). Now check if the same voltage is present at pin 11 of ECM. If there is none,take a good look at the juction connector (about 10 to 15 wires) that is located between the engine and the fuel pump. There is a possibility of corroded wires in that connector. If there is, clean with contact cleaner or repair as needed. Once cleaned, coat ends with white dialectric grease. If there is power to the orange/black on pin 11 on ECM and also power on the red/blue fluel pump relay and engine still doesn't start, replace ECM. Good luck!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts