Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1992 Indy 440 model number 0920760 There is a piece (long rectanugular bar) on the right side that is attached to the ski then comes back to the frame not sure what the part is called but I called for parts today to replace it because it broke and I was told Polaris does not carry that part any longer so my question is can these just be welded or brazzed? or do you have another solution ?
Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think you are talking about a trailing arm. Try a snowmobile salvage yard. There is one in Cornell Wisconsin that is decent. It is called Arts snowmobile & Atv. P - 715-288-6863

·
Terrain Dominator
1,918 Posts
You can get cheap replacements on ebay too. Doesn't have to come from your exact year or model, just make sure it's off a Polaris 'Wedge' (your chassis) and it's the right length.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks I found a local salvage place hoping I can get one there tomorrow since we just got a s#$t load of snow yesterday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well just an update I got the trailing arm off this morning and I have a friend that is going to weld it for me. If it breaks again atleast I will know what to do lol and faster. Fortunatly the bolts were not to hard to get off took about an hour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts