Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Love/Hate
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to bare the Minnesota sub-zero temps to see if a ride will drain my battery. Replaced stator last year but seems to have similar issues. Could've been a bad stator. (I over payed if thats the case)

Runs great for a while, starts to occasionally backfire, followed by bog down with the throttle and then dies.

·
Love/Hate
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
91 RXL 650 EFI with a draining battery

Battery died a few miles up the road. Brought it home, charged it, ran like a champ back to the shop.
Is it possible that there is a short in one of the wires? Bad stator? I'm at a loss. Where the heck do I go from here?

·
Love/Hate
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything? Starting to think my wife might be right, "This is just a waste of time," and that's more painful than the experience of owning a snowmobile.

·
Registered
321 Posts
sounds like your regulator/ recitifier might have taken a dump. charge your battery. check your voltage at the battery. start the sled. run it for about ten minutes. shut it off. test your voltage. if it is lower chage your rect. to be sure, leave your meter on. restart sled. voltage should climb slowly. if it doesn't, its your rect.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I think if I'm correct, you should check to see if relays are functioning properly.If MRHOLMQUIST seen this post he would have this case solved.

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
I had a similar problem with mine...turned out to be my air temp sensor. Check the EFI box to see if it's throwing any codes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts