Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starts and idles great. If I crack throttle from dead stop it will bog and hesitate. If I feather it it goes just fine. Once moving can crack throttle but sled will not go over 7000 rpm. Any thoughts???

Carbs cleaned by "a cat guru" according to cousin. He was taking parts out of carb that i didnt know were there.

Fresh premium with sea-foam in tank.

·
Registered
25,424 Posts
Likely just a loose belt! No take off no topend! Check your center to center (10.2) and sand down the sheves, blow them out real good. And a new belt!

·
Registered
25,424 Posts
The distance from the center of the crank shaft to the center of the jack shaft! And I use 120 grit! But blow them out real good!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Center to center is as close to 10.2 as I can tell with a wore out ruler I had in shop. I have 2 belts one seems longer then other. The cat belt seemed to jump around when running on stand, dayco belt which seemed longer didnt jump around as much. Both belts seemed to be tapering away from motor between sec and pri. as in it kinda looked crooked but very slight, when not engaged... with both belts on stand sled would hit 7000 for and stay there for acouple of seconds then take off to im guessing full rpm around 8000 to 8500... Just kinda stalling and holding at 7000... Any thoughts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts