Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 phazer II that I took out today and the highest it revs is about 6000rpm and 55-60 mph (or so it says...), it doesn't feel near as fast and my ZR600. The neighbor has an identical sled that as I watch him go around the field, his seems quite a bit quicker... IS there something I need to address on this thing?

I don't know if 6000rpm is the max that it was supposed to or if I have to adjust something to get it where it should be. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great! Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it easy to clean a clutch? Or am I tearing things apart to do that? Being such an old machine, I don't have the manual for it and have not done that before on a sled...

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
its not hard. do a site search for clutch cleaning and you will find lots of info. if you want to open it up for a more thorough cleaning, it can be done without removing it from the sled and a little guidance.

·
'93 Phazer and The Kid
1,145 Posts
I have a '93 Phazer. My clutch needed a deep cleaning. Brought it into the local shop. They tore it down, cleaned it up and reassembled for $55. Was worth every penny in my book. That way too, it was inspected by the experts.....

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
Search "Generic Clutch Cleaning Advice"

Check the compression.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts